Subject: Minimal pairs (vowels)
Time: 40 Minutes
Objectives: Distinguishing simple minimal pairS in vowels
“How do you say this word …?”
“Is it … or …?”
Target Vocabularies: mad vs mud, man vs men, big vs beg, fool vs full, peel vs pill, bed vs bid, tile vs tail, rise vs raise, sail vs sell
- A song entitled “Minimal Pair Song” from https://www.youtube.com/aTYAjdXPKJg.
- A song entitled “How are you? I’m fine. (Greeting song) – English song for Kids – Exciting song” from https://youtu.be/03XgDWozJOw.
- A song entitled “Bye Bye Goodbye | Goodbye Song for Kids | Super Simple Songs” from https://youtu.be/PraN5ZoSjiY.
- Pictures representing each word.
- Flashcards: pictures downloaded from the internet, cardboards cut into A4 size, glue, scissors.
- 2 Trash cans and a roll of double tape
- Plastic balls
- Bingo board(s) for each student: cardboard cut into 15x15cm in size, pieces of papers 5x5cm in size with each of the words learned before on it, scissors, glue.